LAST MINUTE DISCOUNT!If you are looking for a room at the last minute, we do offer special room rates for people booking within 24 hours of their stay. To find out the best rate please call us:
Georgian House Newsletter!
COMING SPECIAL OFFERS
Great British Beer Festival
Come to London and celebrate Britain's national drink!
Visiting the Great British Beer Festival at Earls Court
Organised by the Campaign for Real Ale, the Great British Beer Festival - or the GBBF is a yearly event taking place at the beginning of August at Earls Court. The festival is a popular event, featuring over 450 real Ales from the UK as well as hundred more from around the world.
At the festival you will be able to sample all kinds of brewed drinks - such as beers and ales. And for those that have lighter tastes, there is also a huge range of ciders and perries.
What to Expect at the Great British Beer Festival
There is something for everyone to enjoy at this festival - even if you happen not to like alcohol! As well as sampling some of the finest beers in the country (and world!), there are plenty of other activities to occupy yourself with at the Great British Beer Festival. There will be some great traditional pub food and snacks to sample and live music to enjoy, other activities include:
- Tutored Tastings - here you will be given advice and taught to taste beers and ales like the experts! You will be get information on the history and different tastes of beers and also other interesting information such as styles and looks of beers through a series of tasting sessions that run throughout the whole festival. We recommend that you book in advance for these sections as they are proving to be very popular!
- There is one designated "Hat Day" where visitors are encouraged to bring a hat which they made themselves or that they are very fond of to participate in this competition. The judges will walk aroung the festival throughout that day and award those with the best hats with beer vouchers. There will also be an overall winner who will receive a bag of goodies from the organisers - the Campaign for Real Ales (CAMRA).
- Game and Awards - CAMRA will organise a set of traditional pub games - including table skittles, table football, tombolas and roll the barrel. Here contestants can play to win free bottles of beer and other festival memorabilia such as t-shirts and books etc.
- Breweriana Auction - if you love breweriana memorabilia, do not miss this. Here you can bid on brewery memorabilia as well as trips to famous breweries.
- Family Room - You can bring the the whole family along to the Great British Beer Festival - even the children too! CAMRA have set up a designated family room where all those who are under 18 can be entertained from lunchtime until 9pm. Here the children will be entertained with toys, games and video games as well as entertainers. There will also be soft drinks, snack and sweets (children must be supervised by a family member at all times).
The Great British Beer Festival is one event that is not to be missed. With so many activities to enjoy and plenty to keep the whole family occupied, why not stay the night in London for a more relaxing time? We have are offering free tickets to this event if you stay with us for two nights or more. For more information, please click here.
For more information, please visit: http://gbbf.camra.org.uk/home
Georgian House Hotel is ideally situated in a very central location, so visiting sights all over London is quick and easy. Why not book Georgian House Hotel when you visit the Great British Beer Festival? You can book online or email to make a reservation on firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone on 0044(0)207 834 1438