LAST MINUTE DISCOUNT!If you are looking for a room at the last minute, we do offer special room rates for people booking within 24 hours of their stay. To find out the best rate please call us:
Georgian House Newsletter!
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
A great event for the flower enthusiast, this show takes place annually in July
The Show Gardens at the Hampton Court Flower Show
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show is one of the world's largest annual flower show. Taking place at the majestic Hampton Court and featuring more than 700 exhibitors, the show runs for one week in July - during high summer. The palace will host three types of show gardens, and it will allow visitors to purchase plants.
This year there will be around eighteen gardens, showcasing an array of looks from traditional to contemporary from established garden designers and raw new talent.
The Water Gardens
Each year at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, there are a series of spectacular water gardens. These gardens are very large in size and have water as their focal feature.
The Small Gardens
The small gardens showcase what can be achieved with very small and confined spaces. This year there will be around twenty nine small gardens on show, each with a different theme and every one a feast for the eyes.
History of the Hampton Court Flower Show
Hampton Court Palace is the ideal setting for a horticultural event; this is because it in itself is steeped in gardening history. Hampton Court has numerous gardens, and many of them were created by various English monarchs.
The palace's first ornamental gardens were created by Cardinal Wolsey at the beginning of the 16th Century. Henry VIII then established the gardens as a showplace for English gardening. Much of the structure that remains today had stemmed from this time.
Other Features at Hampton Court Gardens
As well as the horticultural show, there are other features to look out for at Hampton Court Palace:
- Hampton Court Maze - This was first planted using hornbeam in 1702, it was re-planted later using yew. The paths within the maze amount to nearly half a mile.
- The Great Vine - at 40m long this is the oldest and biggest vine in the world, taking up four greenhouses and producing 300kg of grapes each year. It was planted as a cutting by the famous landscape gardener Lancelot "Capability" Brown in 1768.
- Hampton Court Deer - There are many deer that are free to roam in the park. However during the show, they are kept out of the way by fencing. You can often see them in evening when the atmosphere has quietened, and they come up to the fence to see the beautiful and exotic plants at the show!
You'll be able to marvel at everything going on in:
- Windowbox & Hanging Basket Competition
- Floral art
- Studio for Flowers
- Gardening equipment & sundries
- Country Living Magazine Pavilion
- Art Gallery
Getting to the Hampton Court Flower Show
It is recommended that you use the Park and Ride facilities if you want to travel by car.
For more information on the Hampton Court Flower Show, see: www.rhs.org.uk/hamptoncourt
If you are visiting London to see the Hampton Court Flower Show, why not take advantage of our special offer! Click here for further details.
Georgian House Hotel is ideally situated in a very central location, so visiting sights all over London is quick and easy. Why not book Georgian House Hotel when you visit the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show? You can book online or email to make a reservation on email@example.com, or telephone on 0044(0)207 834 1438